GOVERNING LEGISLATIONThe Protein Company Ltd is incorporated in Jersey. The States of Jersey decided to incorporate the principles, timing and effects of the EU General Data Protection Regulation into local law. Accordingly, the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 has effect from the same day as the EU General Data Protection Regulation, 25th May 2018. We refer in this policy to the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 as “Jersey-GDPR” and the European GDPR (Regulation (EU) 2016/79 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016) just as “GDPR”.For the purposes of the Jersey-GDPR and GDPR: the data controller is The Protein Company Ltd. The Protein Company Ltd may use third-party processors to deliver specific services that are requested by you from The Protein Company Ltd (see Processors below).
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Depending on the configuration of your browser, pages and images you view on our Site may be stored on your computer. This feature, (which you can configure), is called caching. technical information - non-personal identification information including your internet protocol (IP) address, the browser type and version with plug-in types and versions, the type of computer or device and technical information about User’s means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information;
Information about your visit - including the date and time, Site response times, downloads, errors, page visit time length, interaction (scrolling, clicks, mouse-overs), route to our Site from other websites, with the address of other sites, or from search engine links to our Site including search engine address and search term used, and exit methods away from pages.
- Information we receive from other sources - we may receive information about you from third parties when you use our services:Third parties, such as introducers of business or credit reference agencies, may provide information to us about you.
For the exhaustive list of cookies we collect see the List of cookies we collect section.
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
- Under Jersey-GDPR all individuals who are the owners of their Personal Data have specific and clear rights, which are:
- Every individual has the right to be forgotten upon request. The data controller must remove your Personal Data from its systems and request the same of any third-party systems of that controller.
- Every individual has the right to access their Personal Data held about them upon request.
- Every individual has the right to request their Personal Data and use it for other parties they wish to engage with.
- Every individual has the right to be informed about how their Personal Data is being used, which may be provided upon request of the individual, or before the controller changes any use of that data, giving the individual the right to consent or object.
- Every individual has the right to object to the use of their Personal Data for any purpose proposed by a controller.
- Every individual has the right to have errors in their Personal Data to be corrected.
- Every individual has the right to restrict the uses of their Personal Data for any specific type of processing.
- Every individual has the right to restrict or object to automated decision-making processes or profiling based on their Personal Data.
DSAR FEEIn accordance with the Jersey-GDPR, we will provide our response to any DSAR free of charge within 30 days, unless a particular DSAR is subject to other regulatory requirements as defined in the Jersey-GDPR, in which case we will inform you as required by those specific regulations.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
WHO DO WE SHARE THIS PERSONAL DATA WITH?We share customers’ personal data with third parties in the following circumstances:
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this Site over a secure communications channel. Whilst we do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected at all times from our Site, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the information that has been transmitted to our Site.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at customersupport @ proteinempire.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to customersupport @ proteinempire.com
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.